.

Monday, July 22, 2019

The ultimate nightmare Essay Example for Free

The ultimate nightmare Essay I lay down and waited for the soothing blanket of sleep shroud me. A few seconds later the anticipated blackness of slumber settled in†¦ Suddenly, the deafening noise of the alarm clock woke me up with a startling jolt. It seemed as though I had fallen asleep mere seconds ago and as I groggily looked around something did not seem right. The room looked the same as it did before I went to sleep. In the bright orange light that seemed to come from hells keep itself, shown through the flimsy curtains from the eerily noiseless street behind our house I could see that nothing was amiss. Nothing that I could notice straight away that is. As I got up from my bed, I saw that my sister was not in hers. I looked around once more, as the feeling of peculiar alarm and angst worked from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. I was at once perturbed and shaken as I saw that the room was clean, severely clean. There was naught on the tables, or in the wardrobe, not dust nor a shadow of the things that had been there and as I turned to look at the alarm clock, I was only more agitated to find the side table to be glimmeringly spotless. As the twisted black feeling of fear grew, I knew I had to go through the entire house. Having no idea of what time it was; except that it was dark; sinister as any night in a horror movie outside, I went through each and every room in our house only to find all of them stripped bare, like a newborn baby, from the ceiling to the floor. It was as though it had taken hours for me to do that, for me to find all my families things, my family, itself to have, disappeared like they had never existed in the first place. The fear that had been lit now consumed me like a wild fire. That this dream like situation that seemed to go on for hours only fed it. The fact that I now knew this was not reality but a horrifying nightmare did not seem any less daunting than if a dragon breathing fire had been placed in front of me. For this was my ultimate nightmare, to be left alone with not a thing in the world but worse than that that there was no one for me to go to. I could not do anything but wait in the spine-tingling prison like dream, wait for someone to wake me up, when, the shrill voice of the alarm sought me out,  again†¦

No comments:

Post a Comment